Being part of a serving team is a great way to contribute to the life and mission of the church. Serving others allows God to work through us, stretch us, and develop the gifts He has placed in us to impact others. Check out the different opportunities below, both on a Sunday and during the week. If you are interested or would like more information, please feel free to reach out by filling out our serving form.
SERVING INTEREST FORM
TIME COMMITMENT: Most Sunday serving teams are usually scheduled once or twice a month. Depending on the role, they would arrive 45-60 minutes before the gathering for setup and prayer.
The Host Team creates a welcoming and helpful environment for guests. They set the tone from first impressions through last impressions, ensuring people have meaningful experience of connecting with God and others.
- GREETER – gives a warm welcome to everyone as they enter the building. They also give assistance and direction to people as needed.
- USHER - assists in seating people and maintains a distraction-free environment during the gathering.
- SAFETY/SET UP – brings a reliable stabilizing presence, keeping an eye out for issues related to safety and security. They help with various setup as needed.
- COFFEE SERVICE – sets up and monitors coffee station, brews and serves coffee/tea/water.
The Kids team creates a safe, caring, and fun learning environment during the Sunday gathering for children of all ages. Through the kid’s ministry time, children will learn with their peers, experience the love of Jesus, and develop a biblical worldview in an age-appropriate way. Joining this team involves an application process which includes training and a background check.
- CHECK-IN ASSISTANCE
- INFANTS/TODDLERS - 6 month to 2 years old
- PRESCHOOL/KINDERGARTEN – 3 to 5 years old
- ELEMENTARY – 6 to 10 years old
Our youth ministry team helps students grow in their faith and relationship with Jesus. If you enjoy spending time with students, from grades 6 to 12, this is a great opportunity to serve. Joining this team involves an application process which includes a background check.
- PRETEEN/JUNIOR YOUTH CLASS – teaches once or twice a month on a Sunday morning.
- YOUTH NIGHT – volunteers with various aspects for weekly events on a Friday.
MUSIC + TECH TEAM
Our music team is passionate about honouring God with their musical gifts. Every week, the team helps create moments for people to engage in songs of worship to God and experience His presence.
The tech team helps manage quality sound and visuals. Those serving on this team are an integral part of helping people connect with God and with the elements of our gathering from beginning to end.
- BAND* – keyboard/piano, guitar, bass, drums, other
- LEAD VOCALIST*
- SOUND TECH - set up the mic and monitor the live audio mix for the gathering
- PRO-PRESENTER OPERATOR – sets up and runs the software for songs, announcements, and sermons slides and other media for people to follow along in our gathering.
- LIVESTREAM OPERATOR – responsible for setting up camera, mixing audio for the livestream, and running the video switcher for streaming our gatherings.
* These roles involve an audition.
The prayer ministry team makes space for the Holy Spirit to minister to people, working and speaking through prayer.
- PRAYER MINISTRY TEAM – is available to pray with and for people near the end or after the gathering.
CREATIVE MEDIA TEAM
- SOCIAL MEDIA - Help plan and create content to be shared on social media. This role will also include finding and sharing stories of people that take place in our community.
- PHOTOGRAPHER - Take photos at specific events and gathering for the use of social media and other promotional materials.
- VIDEOGRAPHER – Videos announcements, testimonies, and special features to encourage and inspire our church community.
LIFE GROUPS (CARE + DISCIPLESHIP)
Life groups provide the opportunity for people to belong in community, grow in relationship with God, and care for others on their journey towards faith in Jesus. These passionate and caring individuals embody what it means to follow Jesus and making disciples together.
- GROUP LEADER - cultivates an environment for authentic relationships and spiritual growth, facilitates group meetings.
- GROUP HOST – provides a hospitable environment in their home or other location for the group meeting
- MENTOR FOR NEW BELIEVERS – walking alongside individuals who are new to the Christian faith.
- HELPING HANDS – responds to those in with practical needs like food, clothing, etc.
- CARE FUND COMMITTEE (i.e. Good Samaritan Fund) – decides with a team on how to allocate financial resources to help various people and projects in our community, city, and world.
Be part of keeping our facility and grounds in great shape by helping with various projects as needed.
- MINOR MAINTENANCE – paint touch up, pressure washing, minor repairs, manual labour, etc.
- OCCASIONAL CLEANING – window washing, kitchen, etc.
- FACILITY IMPROVEMENT TASK FORCE – for people with a knowledge/experience of trades who are willing to help with renovations.
SEMINARS + EVENT ASSISTANCE
Whenever we host an event, we are always looking for extra help in putting on a great experience for those attending.
- SET-UP/ TEAR DOWN
- HOSPITALITY – coordinate food and beverages if applicable.
- OTHER – various assistance as needed.
LOCAL + GLOBAL MISSION
As a church, we support local, national, and international mission partners. We would also love to see individuals mobilized for mission trips in the future.
- MISSIONS COMMITTEE – work with a team to support our mission partners through prayer, correspondence, allocating resources, and communicating with the church about our partnerships and projects.
- SHORT TERM MISSIONS – plan and go with a group of individuals on a specific mission assignment to impact others with God’s love.